Dr. Anand Shukla, a Senior Interventional Cardiologist at HCG Hospital, Ahmedabad, is distinguished in performing complex coronary interventions and holds expertise in coronary imaging and physiology assessment. With qualifications including MBBS, M.D. (Internal Medicine), D.M. (Cardiology), and MMC, he has contributed extensively to cardiology research with numerous publications to his name.
Area of Expertise
Proficient in complex coronary interventions including CTO (Chronic Total Occlusion), bifurcation, and treating calcified lesions using techniques such as Rotablation and IVL (Intravascular Lithotripsy).
Skilled in coronary imaging modalities: IVUS (Intravascular Ultrasound) and OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography).
Well-versed in coronary physiology assessment, specifically FFR (Fractional Flow Reserve).
Conducts approximately 400 to 450 coronary interventions annually.
Research and Publications
- “Clinical Utility of Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography.” Gujarat Medical Journal, Vol. 57, April 2000, pp. 66-68.
- “Determinants of Left Atrial Pressures in Rheumatic Mitral Stenosis: Role of Left Atrial Compliance and ‘Atrial’ Stiffness.” Indian Heart J, 2004; 56(1):27-31.
- “Prevention of Atherosclerosis Progression using Atorvastatin.” Indian Heart J, 2005;57:675-680.
- “Balloon-Expandable Covered Stent Repair of Massive Abdominal Pseudoaneurysm.” Indian Heart Journal, 2005;57:720-722.
- “The Prevalence of Hypertension: Hereditary in Young and Obesity in All.” Journal of Hypertension, July 2014.
- “Predictor of Renal Artery Stenosis.” International Journal of Urology and Nephrology, 2013.
- “Efficacy and Safety of Tenecteplase in Pulmonary Embolism.” Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis, 2014.
- “Clinical and Angiographic Follow-up of Coronary Artery Fistula Interventions in Children: Techniques and Classification Revisited.” Cardiology in Young, 2014.
- “Sinus Rhythm in Rheumatic Mitral Stenosis after Balloon Mitral Valvotomy: Is it Feasible?” Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, February 2017; 11(2): OC01-OC05.
- “Diagnostic Accuracy of Serum Cystatin C for Early Recognition of Contrast-induced Nephropathy in Western Indians undergoing Cardiac Catheterisation.” Indian Heart Journal. Accepted 11/12/2016.
- “Clinical Profile of Paediatric Patients with Long QT Syndrome Masquerading as Seizures.” Indian Journal of Paediatrics, June 2014; 81(6):529-35.
- “Periventricular Device Closure of Isolated Muscular Ventricular Septal Defect in Infants: A Single Centre Experience.” Indian Heart Journal, November 2012; 64(6):559–567.
- “Echocardiographic Profile of a Patient with Ventricular Septal Defect Associated with Aortic Regurgitation.” Presented at 56th CSI Conference, Bangalore, 2004.
- “Efficacy and Safety of Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin during Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in the Era of Drug-Eluting Stents.” Presented at 56th CSI Conference, Bangalore, 2004.
- “Adenosine in Treatment of Supraventricular Tachycardia.” Presented at 20th Annual Conference of Association of Physicians of Gujarat, Jamnagar, 1999.
- “Coronary Angiography by Radial Route.”
- “A Study on Prevalence of Elevated Lipoprotein(a) and Homocysteine in Normolipidaemic versus Dyslipidaemic Patients.”
- “Amplatzer Device Closure of Atrial Septal Defect: Immediate and Mid-term Results.”
- “Electrophysiology is Time Consuming: Myth or Reality.”
- “Level of Endogenous and Exogenous Antioxidants in Obese Patients with Angiographically Proven Coronary Artery Disease.” Presented at 56th CSI, Bangalore.
- “Levels of Antioxidants in Patients of Recent Myocardial Infarction.” Presented at 56th CSI, Bangalore.
- “Balloon Mitral Valvotomy in Children below 12 Years.” Presented at 55th CSI, Kolkata.
- Dr. Anand Shukla has significantly contributed to medical breakthroughs in cardiology, notably through his research on the “Prevention of Atherosclerosis Progression using Atorvastatin” and the “Diagnostic Accuracy of Serum Cystatin C for Early Recognition of Contrast-induced Nephropathy.” Furthermore, his expertise in coronary interventions and innovations in echocardiographic techniques have paved new paths in cardiac care.
- Awarded the Dr. Sarle Award at the 56th Annual National Conference of the Cardiological Society of India, Bangalore in 2004 for the paper titled “A Prospective Study on the Prevention of Atherosclerosis Progression in Normolipidemic Patients Using Statin.”
- Secured the best paper accolade at a state-level conference in Vadodara, Gujarat, in 2000 for research on “Clinical Utility of Dobutamine Stress-EchoCardiography.”
- Co-authored a paper which was recognised with the CSI Travel Award at the 54th National Cardiological Society of India Conference in Kochi in 2002. The paper focused on the “Determinants of Left Atrial Pressures in Mitral Stenosis: Role of LA Stiffness.”